This past week my husband graduated from University. While working full time and taking care of a family he managed to get his Bachelors degree. So to help celebrate I made him some graduation cupcakes. I thought I would share them with you in case you have a big graduation celebration now or in the future.
Here is what you need
* Licorice laces
* Mini reece or caramel cups
* Square chocolates or cookies. I used crispy crunch bars I found in the bulk section of my grocery store
* Mini M&Ms
1. Ice your cupcakes
2. Place a chocolate cup on top of the icing and then add a square chocolate on top of that securing it with a little dab of icing.
I used my cheese grater to smooth down the surface of the chocolate cup
3. Cut your licorice laces to size to make the tassles on the grad cap. Stick them on using a small amount of icing.
4. Finish them off by adding a mini M & M's on top of the "tassles"
And there you have it some cute graduation cupcakes. Now I won't get into what happened to my poor cupcakes on the way to my husbands graduation get together. Lets just say leave your cupcake pan on the floor or on someones lap and not on the back seat of the vehicle. Oops.