I don't know anybody who doesn't enjoy a cupcake. And certainly anybody who dislikes a GIANT cupcake...except maybe my hips. This is a perfect cake for a child's biRtHday or for a special occasion such as VALENTINES DAY! I'm gonna show ya how I made it right down to the chocolate liner.
What you will need is the 3D cupcake pan by WILTON. Now I almost had a mild heart attack when I saw the price of this pan at Michaels....$50.00 CAD. Even with my coupon it was still a lot. I think my mother in law found it at Sears for 19.99. So look around at Walmart, Sears of Target for a better price.
Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan
Candy Melts (any brand)
2. Pour half of melted candy into pan.
3. Tilt pan and use rubber spatula to spread candy around until all sides are evenly coated.
Gently tap pan against your work surface to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Apply second coat and refrigerate until completely firm. (I usually wait 20-25 minutes)
5. Unmold (gently tap pan while turning upside down-it should come out easily)
6. Fill candy shell with the cake base. If you chose to bake your base using this pan you'll have to
trim the sides in order for it to fit inside the shell.
I added a bit of icing between the two pieces of the cake so it sticks together.
And the aftermath......YIKES